Don’t let your priorities get out of order. Here are some ways to celebrate 4th of July and be by the water too…
- Pier 83, 4-11pm, family-friendly, DJ, grilling, drinks. Tickets.
- Take the Rockabus from Williamsburg for a day by the sea. Departures at 9:30, 11:30, and 1:30. Reserve a spot.
- Coney Island Hot Dog Eating Contest! 11:30 women, 12 men, at the original Nathan’s at Surf and Stillwell Aves.
- Pier 40. Hudson River cruise on the Hornblower (NY’s greenest yacht), boarding at 5pm. Tickets.
- E 23rd St. Marina. IndepenDANCE cruise, 7-11pm. Tickets.
- Pier 25. View the fireworks from The Lilac, America’s oldest steam-powered lighthouse tender, only open to volunteers. If you’re not a volunteer yet, you should be! Few spots in Manhattan are this rad.
- Marina 59 Paddle Bash in Rockaway, starting at 10am. Games, demos, prizes, grilling included, BYObeer. More info on SUP NYC. (flyer below)
Balancing City / Sea since 2011 / NYC Urchin